Friday, September 18, 2009

Lecture 7

Well hello again

I didn't make it to the week seven lecture, for personal reasons..... and after reviewing the power point I think I have made myself more confused!! So I shall try my best to elaborate on the lecture, as I see it from the slides, but I do apologise if it's incorrect!!

The basic idea that I got from the slides was that the lecture was about free software, and things that are globally shared through them being on the internet. It looks as though it's saying that because things are on the internet, for everyone to see, it is not necessarily copyright?

How am I doing so far?

if that is the case I disagree completely. Just because something is publicly viewable, doesn't mean it compromises the security. Hell, if that were the case I'd re-write Harry Potter and become a millionaire!!

I figure that the overall theory behind this lecture is about perhaps the lack of safety on the internet being an issue with regards to software sharing, and how it is also taking money from businesses.

For example, the proprietary software is software that CAN be downloaded for free, but is ILLEGAL, as it is owned by businesses and corporations. Free software is, well, the opposite!

I hope I'm in the ball park with this... it sounds right to me!! It looks like it would have been a wonderful lecture, I wish I could have made it!!

Until the next chapter...

~ Bre

No comments:

Post a Comment