Thursday, September 17, 2009

Connections, Connections, Connections - Week 8

Well my bloggers - I haven't been around recently, been overwhelmed recently with lots of things to do!



I must catch up on all of my lecture reviews, and finish my 3 minute video. However, this blog is on this weeks weekly tasks!



So, basically we had to use the internet to get a lot of information about people!! STALKER, AWAY!!!



-Sign an e-petition.

I signed "Decriminalisation of abortion in QLD" petiton!! https://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/view/EPetitions_QLD/Confirmation.aspx?PetNum=1302&lIndex=-1


-Respond to a professional blogger at a major news site.

I responded to a comment on NineMSN quite a while ago to this article! http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,25168815-952,00.html#submit-feedback


-What is Barak Obama up to today?
He is playing with light sabers!! http://news.ninemsn.com.au/glance/864223/obama-wan-kenobi-shows-off-jedi-skills



-Find out who your local, state and federal representatives are.

Local: Shayne Sutton (Morningside). State: Di Farmer (Bulimba). Federal: Kevin Rudd (Griffith)


-Look up the Queensland or Australian hansard to find the last time your local member spoke in parliament.

01-09-09 - I even have the transcript to prove it!


-Let your local member know what you think about their last speech.


From: Bre Rose

Sent: Wednesday, 16 September 2009 4:15 PM

To: Shayne Sutton

Subject: Assessment



Hey Shayne, Your last speech in parliament was tops....haha. I have the dumbest assessment for one of my subjects. I have to keep a blog and do these tutorial tasks... this weeks task:
· Find out who your local, state and federal representatives are.
· Look up the Queensland or Australian hansard to find the last time your local member spoke in parliament.
· Let your local member know what you think about their last speech. I'm not sure if you're going to get bombarded with emails or calls, but I basically need to tell you how awesome you are, then copy this email into my blog. (Don't worry, I'll only use the content, I won't copy your email address)Did you ever do something this strange when you were at Griffith? No? Didn't think so. Hope you're well. I'll see you next Monday? I told Lisa I'd come in and do some media clips again... p.s - I never looked up your speech...sorry, I'm sure it was awesome though! :)Bre



(Kinda lucky I already knew her...)




-Read the lecture and the readings, pursue a couple of the topics that you find most interesting and then post your blog with your well-considered thoughts about the theory and practice of politics.

I've alwys been interested in politics. Well, for a long time anyway. I grew up in a rather liberal based household, so for me to turn out as a labor supporter, well, just proves that I like going against the tide.

I understand how people can think of politians as liars and cheats, but I honestly think they are genuine people, who all have a common goal - to help the people.

You can read more about that in my lecture summary for this week!!

Until the next chapter...

~ Bre

No comments:

Post a Comment