Friday, September 18, 2009

Lecture 6

My my how time flies!!

I was certain I had been keeping up with my lecture summaries, alas, my brain has deceived me.

Now, in a nice sequence I shall strain my memory back to lecture 6.... with the help of the lecture notes...Hang on.... there we go... learning@GU, I ♥ you.

Ahh yes, consumer vs. producer.

What an interesting concept. Are we the consumer of media and information, or a we producing it, through content and blogs!

So, I basically took being a 'consumer' as consuming content... for instance, reading news.com...... to be a producer is to produce the content that is on the internet.... So, to post a comment on that website would be producing..... well, that's how I took it anyway.

The lecture used different examples, through movies and other new forms of media, but I think it can aptly be described through my description using the internet as an example!

It spurs the question, where is the line drawn... when do we stop becoming a consumer and begin to become a producer. When we watch movies we are a consumer, but the money we use to pay for them produces more movies!!

Ok, maybe not the best analagy, but you know what I mean! What do you think? Are you a consumer, are you a producer? DO YOU CARE??!!

Food for thought....

Until the next chapter...

~Bre

No comments:

Post a Comment