Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Lecture 3 and 4

This lecture was the materical for both lectures 3 and 4, as lecture 3 was a public holiday.

We spoke about camera angles and how different shots mean different things. I think that mostly camera angles are rather obvious, but I found it quite interesting to see how they are used to portray the "Who, What, When, Why, Where and How" of a film.

It was also interesting to see how just the Angles, but the spaces used in the shot. i.e - head space and such.

The rules such as the rule of thirds and the 180 degree rule were also extremely interesting things that I had never thought about before.

Overall it was some really interesting material that I learnt!! I hope I can now analyze movies and interpret them a little different when watching them through gathering this new information!

Until the next chapter...

~Bre~

No comments:

Post a Comment